Thursday 5 December 2019

IS IT TOO LATE TO START MY DREAM?

Is it too late for me and my dream?

I have asked myself  this question so many times over the last few months. And I won't lie, that doubt is still there from time to time. But I'll cut straight to the chase...NO  it is not too late for you. In fact it's probably the perfect time to bring your dream to life.

Can I ask you a question? If you had the time, resources and money and confidence to accomplish one thing, what would that thing be?  And what has been the biggest thing you've told yourself. Let me guess I don;t have enough time, I don't have enough money. Are they at the top of your list? Well  stop playing that game because all you are doing is killing your dream. And I'm about to turn your mind otherwise. Think of this as a warm arm around your shoulders to help you turn towards your dream and go for it once and for all.

Now let's get into those selfish inner voices putting up that brick wall between you and your dreams. If your like me you have been caught up on the realm of looking after others first. Well let me tell you ...It's part of our DNA. We are naturally born caregivers and nurturers. It just a fact. A scientific one at that, women put others well being and dreams ahead of their own. It's like we feel more content and more purpose when we do this.

It's like an award that we accept with pride. Which is a beautiful thing, but can lead to so many problems. It shadows how you look at yourself and your life. It controls how you see your dreams and make plans for your future. It will change the way your mindset works with your heart to tackle those goals you want to achieve. You see what I mean?  Don't let this award consume who you really are and your mission statement.

BEING SELFISH... This is where I ran into trouble. You get to a point where your feeling good about going for your dream, and them BOO M! That little voice creeps in and makes you doubt yourself. You start thinking am I being selfish? Is putting me first showing selfishness? NO It's not. If there is a dream, passion that is embedded in your heart, it's there for a very specific reason. I believe that our dreams and goals handed to us for a reason. To show us the path we are mean't to be on. What we are mean't to be doing in this world. They are chosen especially for you because only you can do it in the way it needs to be done. Think about it, you are depriving the world of something great, something that only you have yo give.

The thing that scared me the most was where the heck do I start? can you resonate with this? Well I'll tell you where I started..I just started. Sharing my story to help others. Not diving head first and sharing everything at once. Just a little at a time. Start with letting people know a little about you. What your goals and dreams are. And no it's not easy, but when you take that leap of faith and do it, You will be glad you did trust me. I still have a long way to go but every day sharing a little more about me. Baby steps my friend, now go make that start .

Are you afraid of being judged? yep I was. Looking back I think that was a  big part of not following my dream. But I have learned a very valuable lesson. YOU CAN''T PLEASE EVERYBODY. Not everybody will like or even be interested in what you are doing. And you know that's FINE. Don't let that stop you and all the people you could help miss out on what you have to offer them . Listen to all the people who are encouraging and supporting you. embrace them. They are the relationships that will last and support you

My goal for this is I hope you have the confidence to step up and take slow steps doing what feels right for you. Remember that every hardship, cranky mood and setbacks are all worth it when you get to where you need to be. They will all be worth focusing on you a little more. So show up, be dedicated and  create a legacy that will last a lifetime. A legacy you can be proud of and a life full of joy. Go on..I know you can do it. 

Kristi Xx








No comments:

THERE'S A BRAND NEW VIBE COMING AT YOGAWANDERER...

Well I'm actually lost for words. I'm not quite sure how to announce something so dang exciting to you all!!  But I'll give i...

https://mailchi.mp/66d42edc34b0/yogawanderer-subscription Edited Fri, September 21st 7:04 PM by yo